Friday, February 17, 2012

Wow! You must have a really good camera!!

I read something recently that hit home with me, because I've been told this a time or two.  I guess, if you are a "photographer" that has been taking pictures for yourself or for someone else, for any length of time you have heard this phrase too.  "That is such a great picture, you must have a really good camera."  OR  "That camera takes such good pictures!"


I am kind of giggling as I write this because.....YES, my camera does take excellent photos, but it can take some TERRIBLE photos too.  My camera and all of my equipment is not to blame when I take a photo that is out of focus, white balance is off, not composed correctly.....it's MINE...the user.


There are so many functions to my DSLR that are made to make the photo that I am shooting excellent...and I study all the time trying to learn my equipment to achieve excellence.  I don't have the latest and greatest.  I have a Canon 50D...there are newer cameras out there for sure.  They all achieve the same end result with proper knowledge and use.


What spurred me to write this blog entry?  
Chef to Photographer that was taking pictures of his food: "Wow!  Nice Photos...you must have a really good camera!"
After the photo shoot, the chef serves the photographer a thank you meal.  After the meal the chef comes over to make sure everything was to his satisfaction.  The photographer calmly says:  "The meal was excellent...you must have a really good stove."  The chef looks at him and said "Point taken."







No comments:

Post a Comment