Tuesday, February 7, 2012

All Clean!

So you know I am just a tad bit obsessed with Pinterest.  I kept seeing people posting their homeade laundry soap.  I read sooo many different recipes.  They all have a few common threads.  I just picked ones that I thought would suit me best.  I already had the Zote soap that we bought in Mexico on our Honeymoon almost 5 years ago and never have used.  haha  So...I bought the other ingredients and went for it.
Here's the link to the recipe that I used.  What got me is her update.  Her batch lasted her 9 months...washing like 8 loads a week.  That is approx. how much I wash a week and that is amazing for the cost!


I cut the recipe in this first go round, because I just want to see if I like it.  

INGREDIENTS


1 -  4 lb 12 oz box Borax (2.15 kg or 76 oz) found in the detergent aisle 



1 4 lb box Arm & Hammer Baking Soda (1.81 kg)  - $2.12 at Wal-Mart



1 - box Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda 55 oz (3 lb 7 oz) found in the detergent aisle - $3.24 at Wal-Mart



3 bars of Fels-naptha soap, found in the detergent aisle (any bar soap or Zote soap is good too.)



2 small containers of Oxi-clean or store brand Oxi-clean (try to get about 3.5 lbs total (1.58 kg)) found in the detergent aisle.
(this is optional, but I like it because I use it in every load anyway)

2 containers (13.2 oz) Downy unstapables in-wash scent booster  (optional:  I added it for the smell) - $6.97 @ Wal-Mart


Directions:

1.)  Grate your Fels-Naptha, Zote or any bar soap works well too (I've read Dial soap or Ivory is great.)  I used this small trash can and it was plenty...


2.)  Next you just add all your other "ingredients" in .  I put on latex gloves and just mixed with my hands real good.

3.)  Add to your container of choice.


 USE 1-2 TBS PER LOAD (normal loads 1 tbs.  For x-large or heavily soiled loads, use 2 TBS.)


No comments:

Post a Comment